14 April 2011

What 4.1's Call to Arms does for me...

I spaced on this one. Totally missed all the hullabaloo.  Is that the right spelling?  Whatever. Anyway, Blizzard announced a new function in patch 4.1 that will award the least-represented group role (Tank, Healer or DPS) chances at rare mount drops or other goodies for participating in the LFG queues.

The stated intent, taken directly from the original source, says:
Call to Arms is meant to lower wait times by offering additional rewards for queuing as the currently least represented role.
Ok. I can live with that. The recoil has been what I call reactionary: WTF, why can't I get those mount drops, too?  It's really not all that fair.  But, enough has been said about it on other sites.

What am I doing about it?
I'm leveling my Death Knight that's been collecting dust in his purple 226s.  I'm godawful at it, because the last time I tanked the tank spec was frost dual wield. Plus, the new rune mechanic and me are at odds, kinda like how focus was for Pea back before the Shattering.

But, despite the challenges, I embrace that the old saying: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Will I abandon Pea?  Hell, no!  Will I zip any BoA stuff that my DK receives over to Pea?  Hell, yeah! So until something else changes, I've got some level 80s to get up to 85.